Open, Open, Open!! (UPDATED)
2019 OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDS (most states)
Time: D H M S
(judging from the Mervyn's ad campaign, white middle-class suburban women were the only ones who bought clothing in the '90's....)
With Open Enrollment 2017 just 11 days away and the books closed on my Average Rate Hike project (don't worry, I'll fill in the remaining 10 states later but with 41 states accounted for, I think I've made my point), I figured it'd be a good point to take a look at which of the ACA exchange websites are already open for 2017 window shopping and which ones aren't:
- CALIFORNIA (Covered California): OPEN FOR WINDOW SHOPPING
- COLORADO (Connect for Health CO): OPEN FOR WINDOW SHOPPING
- CONNECTICUT (Access Health CT): NOT OPEN YET? (unclear)
You can comparison shop, but there's no "start date" option listed, and the alerts below certainly make it seem like the current window shopping is purely for those seeking Special Enrollment Period coverage for the balance of 2016, not 2017.
- DISTRICT OF COLUMBIA (DC Health Link): NOT OPEN YET
You can shop around, but there's no "2017" option...and the financial assistance form still asks for 2016 income.
- KENTUCKY (nope...Matt Bevin has mostly dismantled Kynect. KY residents can still use Kynect for 2016 SEP enrollment, but they'll have to visit HealthCare.Gov for 2017 coverage)
- MASSACHUSETTS (MA Health Connector): NOT OPEN YET
- NEW YORK (NY State of Health): NOT OPEN YET
- RHODE ISLAND (HealthSourceRI): NOT OPEN YET? (unclear)
You can comparison shop, but there's no "start date" option listed.
- VERMONT (Vermont Health Connect): NOT OPEN YET
- WASHINGTON (WA HealthPlanFinder): NOT OPEN YET
- ALL OTHER STATES (HealthCare.Gov)
UPDATE: OPEN FOR WINDOW SHOPPING!!