Connecticut: Confirmed QHPs inch up to 106.9K thru 1/19
2019 OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDS (most states)
Time: D H M S
ACCESS HEALTH CT ENROLLS 106,891 CONSUMERS IN HEALTH INSURANCE
1,192 enrolled in dental care, 1,519 enrolled through the Small Business Program
HARTFORD, Conn. (January 20, 2017) – Today, Access Health CT (AHCT) CEO Jim Wadleigh announced that 106,891 individuals have enrolled in health insurance in 2017. In addition, 1,192 individuals enrolled in dental coverage and 1,519 enrolled via the Small Business Program.
“As we head towards the final days of Open Enrollment, which ends on January 31st, we want to remind Connecticut residents that Access Health CT offers many ways to get free help choosing a plan,” said AHCT CEO Jim Wadleigh. “We are also very happy to see people taking advantage of the dental coverage we offer.”
“There are 12 days left in the Open Enrollment period. Connecticut residents should give us a call, visit our website, or meet with one of our representatives to get free in-person help,” Wadleigh said.
- Unique website visitors: 291,628
- Calls answered 349,102
- New QHP enrollees since 11/1/16: 30,575
- Number of new QHP Enrollees who are first time customers: 11,827 (subset of number above)
- Completed applications/redeterminations processed through the integrated eligibility system 66,294
- Number of new Medicaid applications from first time customers: 15,920 (subset of number above)
- Total currently active for 2017 in private health insurance coverage 106,891
The Access Health CT Small Business Program has grown to record enrollment numbers since October 2016. “We’re seeing the highest membership growth since the program’s start,” said AHCT CEO Jim Wadleigh. “We’ve reached a record number of enrollees at 1,519.”