Massachusetts: 285K QHPs; up 6.6% y/y with 9 days left to #GetCovered!
This just in from the MA Health Connector:
Update from us, as of last Friday:
- 277,029 paid enrollments
- 7,615 plans selected/unpaid
- 284,969 total, per CMS enrollment definition
- We have 47,573 new enrollees.
Once again: Massachusetts has managed to outperform their ACA enrollment numbers every year for five years running:
- 2014: 31,695 (major technical problems)
- 2015: 140,540 (complete platform overhaul)
- 2016: 213,883
- 2017: 266,664
- 2018: 267,260
- 2019: 284,969 and counting...
Just as impressive, if not more so: 97.2% of Massachusetts ACA enrollees have already paid their first monthly premium, which is well above the ~90% national average.
In any event, this puts the official Massachusetts 2019 Open Enrollment Period QHP selection total up 6.6% over last year...and there's still 9 more days left for Bay Staters to #GetCovered at MAHealthConnector.org.