New York: 228K QHPs, 643K BHPs, 293K CH+ thru 1/19
2019 OPEN ENROLLMENT ENDS (most states)
Time: D H M S
In their first enrollment update report two weeks ago, the NY State of Health exchange reported these numbers as of Christmas Eve:
The breakdown of enrollment as of December 24, 2016, is as follows:
- Total cumulative enrollment: 3,472,214
- Total Medicaid enrollment: 2,332,683
- Total Non-Medicaid enrollment: 1,139,531
- Essential Plan: 635,909
- Qualified Health Plan: 217,995
- Child Health Plus: 285,627
ALBANY, N.Y. (January 20, 2017) – NY State of Health, the state's official health plan Marketplace today announced that as of January 19, more than 3.5 million New Yorkers have enrolled in a health plan through the Marketplace. The number of New Yorkers enrolling continues to climb- more than 52,000 people signed up for coverage through the Marketplace in the past month. NY State of Health extended the enrollment deadline for February 1 coverage from January 15 to January 18. The final deadline to enroll in a health plan for 2017 is January 31.
"This steady increase in enrollment shows how much New Yorkers want and need the health insurance coverage offered by the Marketplace,” said NY State of Health Executive Director Donna Frescatore. “With the final 2017 enrollment deadline approaching fast, New Yorkers who need health insurance for 2017 should reach out to the Marketplace or an in-person assistor now.”
- Enrollment has increased in all 62 counties of the state.
- The overall share of New Yorkers now enrolled through the NY State of Health has reached nearly 18 percent of the state’s population.
- The impact of the enrollment growth on the number and rate of uninsured in New York has been significant: there has been a reduction of 850,000 uninsured people and the rate of uninsured cut from 10% to 5% between 2013 and 2015.
The breakdown of enrollment as of January 19, 2017, is as follows:
- Total cumulative enrollment: 3,524,453
- Total Medicaid enrollment: 2,359,652
- Total Non-Medicaid enrollment: 1,164,801
- Essential Plan: 642,952
- Qualified Health Plan: 228,659
- Child Health Plus: 293,190
Open enrollment for Qualified Health Plans (QHP) began on November 1, 2016 and ends on January 31, 2017. Many consumers buying plans through the Marketplace will qualify for increased financial assistance in 2017 to help make coverage more affordable. Consumers who don’t enroll in a QHP by January 31 won’t be able to enroll for the rest of 2017, unless they have a qualifying life event.
That's an increase of 7,000 BHP, 10.6K QHP and 7,500 CH+ enrollees since 12/24.